Mahatmad Baha, a 21 year old MA student in the School of Electrical Engineering at the University of Ngaoundere has been killed by a fire. Mahatmad met his end on Easter Sunday. Neighbors have affirmed that a huge fire erupted after an explosion was head in his room that evening. In spite of the efforts put in to save the life of Mahatmad, the violent flames were hard to contain.
The remains of Mahatmad Baha were found in his bathroom and taken to the Ngaoundere Hospital Mortuary by the mobile police unit. He must have been seeking refuge in his bath room where the flames were not as intense, unfortunately before getting there, a great portion of his body had already been consumed. Speculations are rife that there must have been a serious leakage of gas from the bottle he had in his room.
In a country suffering from consistent electricity cuts, it is believed that the deceased in the course of lighting a candle ignited the gas from the bottle leading to the explosion and flames.