Three kids including their granny have died after eating Koki in the Bagangté locality found deep within the Nde Division in the Western Region. The grand mother to the three children reportedly prepared the dish and offered a small portion each to the three and later on had her own share of the meal. Local media reports say the granny even invited the children of two of her neighbours to participate in the last supper when suddenly violent stomach pains started.
Neighbors rushed the victims to the University Teaching Hospital from where the grandmother and her three grand sons, aged 6, 8 and 16 were pronounced dead. The incident has caused much panic in the city with some suspecting deliberate poisoning.