Boko Haram
- Details
- Boko Haram
Two female Boko Haram bombers have blown themselves up in Cameroon near a school in the country’s far north, a day after the terrorists warned in a chilling video that they were going to behead President Paul Biya.
Cameroonian newspaper, L’Oeil du Sahel, said the suicide attack took place in Mora, a northern town not far from the border with Nigeria where Abubakar Shekau’s men are still very strong.
The suicide attack occurred behind a high school full of students on Monday morning, but luckily, only the terrorists were killed, the newspaper said.
On Sunday, a video showed Boko Haram men shooting presumably in the Sambisa forest, and a commander who was speaking in French was heard warning President Biya that he was going to behead him with his left hand.
He said the terrorists were on their way to Maroua, Garoua and Ngaoundere, as well as other Cameroonian cities to wreak havoc.
They displayed shoes and helmets and other military items they said were abandoned by the Cameroonian troops who were too afraid of them.
At least 150 soldiers and policemen have been killed while fighting Boko Haram in Cameroon and about 2000 civilians have been murdered there in over 500 attacks, including more than 50 suicide bombings, by those President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria has branded the “godless, mindless” militants.
Last December, President Buhari declared that Boko Haram had been decimated after the fall of camp zero, once the military base for the terrorists inside the Sambisa forest in Borno state.
But recent incidents in Nigeria and Cameroon show that the war against those who pledged allegiance to the Islamic State in March 2015 and have modelled their barbarism after the Middle East killers, is far from over.
- Details
- Simon Ateba
- Hits: 2999
- Details
- Boko Haram
Boko Haram terror group has released a fresh video in Hausa and French languages targeting Cameroon and mocking its special forces, and promising to behead the country’s President Paul Biya.
“I would behead you Paul Biya, it’s me that would behead you with the left hand, be ready,” a Boko Haram commander says in French displaying Mr. Biya’s picture in a news magazine, in a chilling video that also warned residents of other parts of Cameroon that the killers were on their way.
The man slams the magazine onto the ground and crushes Mr. Biya’s face with his leg, saying “I would behead you, imbecile, sluggard!”.
The word sluggard means a person who is habitually inactive or lazy. Mr. Biya spends months abroad and at over 80 years old, he has never visited Cameroon’s far north since Boko Haram has been wrecking havoc and killing many of his countrymen in three years.
The video is about six minutes and thirty seconds long and shows intense shooting by the ruthless terrorists presumably in Nigeria.
In the video with French language, the first of its kind, a man tells residents of Maroua, Cameroon’s far north capital, and those in the northern region capital of Garoua, and Ngaoundere that they were coming for them.
He shows shoes and helmets and other military items reportedly belonging to Cameroonian soldiers and says they were abandoned by the troops terribly afraid of the terrorists.
“These are their shoes they left behind, these are their helmets they left behind, these are their mats for prayers they left behind. They are fighting God and praying again? I do not understand why you’re still praying?” the Boko Haram terrorist is heard saying in French.
“We are ready to arrive. We are on our way to Maroua, Garoua and Ngaoundere,” the man says, naming three capital in northern Cameroon.
“We are on our way to Ebolowa, Yaounde, we will arrive in God’s name,” he says mentioning the capital of President Paul Biya’s region in the South and the country’s capital itself in Yaounde.
The man shows identity cards belonging to Cameroonian citizens. One of the identity cards he displays to the camera he says belongs the minister of defence.
He said he would behead Cameroonian President Paul Biya with the left hand, and calls him the bigger Christian. Mr. Biya is a catholic who often goes to church in Yaounde.
At least 150 Cameroonian soldiers and policemen have been killed by Boko Haram while about 2000 civilians have been massacred there since 2014 in over 500 attacks, including more than 50 suicide bombings. Sixty other suicide attacks were not successful and killed no one else but mainly the attackers themselves.
Hundreds of thousands of people have been displaced and thousands of boys and girls have been kidnapped and never seen again.
In Nigeria, more than 25, 000 people have been murdered by members of Boko Haram President Muhammadu Buhari has branded the “godless, mindless” militants.
At least 2.5 million civilians remain displaced in Borno and Adamawa states in Nigeria and the Chibok girls abducted in 2014 remain missing till date, although about 21 of them have been found out of 276.
In the latest video in Hausa language, the sect seems to focus again on Cameroon although it shows shootings reportedly in Nigeria.
President Buhari declared in December that Boko Haram had been decimated and the remaining fighters were on the run. But recent incidents, including the killings of many soldiers since that high profile declaration, show that the sect that pledged allegiance to ISIS in March 2015 is far from being defeated, rather, it seems to be emboldened in recent months and has been modelling its barbarism after the Middle East killers.
- Details
- Simon Ateba
- Hits: 4288
- Details
- Boko Haram
There was another suicide bombing in Cameroon on Sunday morning. One terrorist was shot dead while the other blew herself up killing no one else. It was not clear whether the attackers were males or females.
Yesterday’s attack came only two days after at least three suspected members of Boko Haram were killed on Friday by Cameroonian troops.
Boko Haram members, it was learnt, had attacked their positions in the country’s far north.
Cameroonian newspaper, L’Oeil du Sahel, said the attack on Sunday morning took place in Kolofata, a locality not far from the Nigerian border where the terrorists are based.
There, one terrorist was shot dead by a member of the local civilian vigilante group while the other blew himself/herself up, the newspaper said.
On Friday, Cameroonian troops killed three members of Boko Haram when they attacked their position in Soueram, the newspaper reported. The locality is also in Cameroon’s far north.
Every week, there are several incidents reported. A suicide bombing here, a gun attack or landmine buried there, several dead here and there.
Thousands of civilians have been killed by Boko Haram in Cameroon while about 150 soldiers and policemen have died since 2014 while fighting the ruthless terrorists who pledged allegiance to the Islamic State in March 2015 and have been modelling their barbarism after the Middle East killers.
From hiding, the Boko Haram factional leader, Abubakar Shekau, attacked President Paul Biya of Cameroon in message released online, accusing him of lies and other things.
Mr. Biya had not visited the war front since Boko Haram began attacking his country in 2014, and the attack against him at a time when there are other protests in the country’s Southwest and Northwest seemed to be a calculated attempt to play into anger already rising against a man who has been in power for more than three decades and is preparing to run for office again in 2018 even though he would be about 86 years old.
- Details
- Simon Ateba
- Hits: 3160
- Details
- Boko Haram
Cameroon says it has killed at least 60 Boko Haram fighters and destroyed a stronghold for the militant group, as well as a huge stock of seized weapons, in fighting along its northern border.
Issa Tchiroma Bakary, Cameroon minister of communication and a government spokesperson, said, since January 26, thousands of Cameroon soldiers, supported by Nigerian troops, have launched raids on Boko Haram strongholds in the Mandara mountains, freeing more than 5,000 people, including women and children, from captivity.
Issa Tchiroma said at least 60 terrorists have been killed since the offensive began in late January.
More than 20 suspects have been arrested and are helping the Cameroon and Nigerian militaries in their investigations, he added. He also said troops have destroyed a refuge center for the insurgents in the Mandara highlands, a petroleum depot and an explosives factory, as well as the residence of a Boko Haram leader, which also served as a hideout for the terrorists, and a huge consignment of weapons, vehicles and motorcycles.
Issa Tchiroma said at least 5,000 people were freed, including the elderly. They were transported to a camp for displaced people in the Nigerian town of Banki and are receiving treatment from both Cameroon and Nigerian military health workers, he said.
No soldiers were killed in the offensive, Issa Tchiroma said.
In December last year, Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari announced troops had chased Boko Haram militants out of their key remaining base in the Sambisa forest, another former stronghold that straddles Cameroon’s border with Nigeria.
Cameroon and Nigeria that same month reopened the border between the two countries for the first time in three years.
Cameroon has since called for vigilance and collaboration between its military and the population, stating that the insurgents had resorted to large-scale suicide bombings as their firepower had been greatly reduced.
Boko Haram's six-year insurgency has killed more than 25,000 people and displaced nearly 2.3 million, according to rights groups and the United Nations.
VOA
- Details
- Rita Akana
- Hits: 2918
- Details
- Boko Haram
The body of a Cameroonian soldier who was killed in Nigeria on March 13 while fighting Boko Haram has arrived Cameroon, a newspaper reported on Wednesday.
L’Oeil du Sahel newspaper said the body of Ganava André who was killed around the locality of Kumshe in Nigeria arrived Maroua, the regional capital of Cameroon’s far north, on Tuesday.
Boko Haram has killed about 150 Cameroonian soldiers and policemen since 2014 and about 2000 people about the same period in over 500 gun and bomb attacks, including more than 50 suicide bombings.
Not long ago, as attacks escalated in Nigeria, the governor of Borno, the birth place of Boko Haram, said he needed help now “more than ever before”.
President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria and his government have repeatedly claimed that Boko Haram had been decimated but recent incidents show that the “godless, mindless” militants are far from being defeated.
- Details
- Simon Ateba
- Hits: 2944
- Details
- Boko Haram
Nigerian Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram has released a new propaganda video. The video obtained by Saharareporters was released by the Abubakar Shekau faction of Boko Haram.
The video which rendered in Hausa and Arabic was made with a series of footage showing Islamic priests, government officials and world leaders including a footage showing President Muhammad Buhari, Donald Trump, former US President Barack Obama and several European leaders.
Nigerian Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram has released a new propaganda video. The video obtained by Saharareporters was released by the Abubakar Shekau faction of Boko Haram.
The video which rendered in Hausa and Arabic was made with a series of footage showing Islamic priests, government officials and world leaders including a footage showing President Muhammad Buhari, Donald Trump, former US President Barack Obama and several European leaders.
The high point of the video was the summary execution of three persons reportedly recruited by Nigeria’s Directorate of Military Intelligence to infiltrate the group. The persons were gruesomely executed at the end of the 7-minute video.
The group also displayed a bevy of high-grade military weapons including what appeared to be anti-aircraft missiles while bragging that it remains firmly within a territory in Nigeria that the Nigerian army could not recapture.
Pulse.ng
- Details
- Rita Akana
- Hits: 3570
