Cameroonian multimedia award-winning journalist journalist Tapang Ivo puts down 9 reasons why the English speaking region of Cameroon must rethink its decision o merging with its French speaking neighbours to form what is called today the Republic of Cameroon:
1. French is the main working language Cameroon's lone oil producing company, SONARA, located in the heart of the English-speaking region?
2. Oil is sourced from Ndian division but oil depots are located in Yaounde, Douala and Baffoussam.
3. The unit price per liter of oil is more expensive in Limbe than in Douala -- the former being in Anglophone Cameroon and the later being in French Cameroon.
4. Oil revenue taxes are not paid in Southwest region, but instead in West, Center and Littoral regions.
5. The entire Southwest region has only two Anglophone District Medical Officers.
6. All the military and police stations in the Southwest and Northwest are headed by Francophones.
7. The university of Buea has are more French lecturers than Anglophones.
8. The University of Bamenda has more are Francophones as Head of Departments than Anglophones.
9. Most francophone administrators in Northwest and Southwest regions have grabbed more lands and lock our chiefs in jails because they tried opposing them?